Employment Opportunity: Accountant
Plymouth Township is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Accountant. This position is a key contributor to the day-to-day activities of the Finance Department. The Finance Department is responsible for accounting, budgeting, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, tax collection and sewer billing.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations on multiple accounts, make and prepare bank deposits and reconcile daily receipts to general ledger revenue accounts.
- Maintains numerous Excel spreadsheets to track and monitor various taxes payable to the Township as well as monitoring other recurring payments.
- Maintain fixed asset records.
- Will cross train to serve as back-up for the payroll and sewer billing process. Will be expected to handle the complete payroll process approximately six times a year. Will be expected to handle the complete sewer billing process several times a year.
- Assists in preparation of annual operating budget, annual capital budget, and five-year plan.
- Will assist in the installation and implementation of a new comprehensive fund accounting software package.
- Perform related duties and assist in special projects as required
Candidates must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook; possess knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as well as knowledge of the practices and techniques of governmental accounting. Prior experience working with server based enterprise accounting software preferred.
At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 15 college credit hours in accounting is required. Two to four years of professional accounting work experience preferably in a governmental accounting environment
Resume along with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.