The Code Enforcement Department is responsible for the administration and enforcement of Ordinances regulating building, zoning, land development, housing, property maintenance and existing structures. The department inspects all construction projects and coordinates applications for building projects.
The Township follows the International Property Maintenance Code for property maintenance and rental housing. We respond to citizen complaints concerning property maintenance – such as lawn mowing, snow removal, abandoned vehicles, conditions of buildings. All rentals are required to be licensed according to Township ordinances.
The hours for the Code Enforcement Department are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. There is a 48 hour notice for all inspections.
The Building Inspector is available without appointment, Tuesdays 9am to 12pm and Thursdays, 1pm to 4 pm for consultation and advice.
Call 610-277-4103 for more information about code enforcement and zoning.
The department also handles special event licensing. Township code requires the registration and licensing of amusements, circuses, carnivals, parades, exhibitions, special events etc. to be operated within Plymouth Township.
The fee schedule for this licensing is:
1. For every circus or menagerie, and for each day and or night of operation, the sum of two hundred dollars ($200.00).
2. For every carnival, show, exhibition or fair: the sum of two hundred dollars ($200.00) for one day and or night of operation. Where this operation continues for a longer period, the sum of fifty dollars ($50.00) for each additional day or night of operation. If the fair, carnival, show or exhibition is held for or given by the benefit of a purely public charity, exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and doing business as a corporation or association not organized for profit and permanently located within the Township, the sum of fifty dollars ($50.00) for one day and or night of operation, and whenever the same continues for a longer period, the sum of ten dollars ($10.00) for each additional day or night of operation.
3. For every parade, procession or other exhibition, or special event, the sum of twenty five dollars ($25.00) for each day or night of operation, except that when such parade or procession is conducted by or for the benefit of a purely public charity exempt from taxation under Section 501(C)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and doing business as a corporation or association not organized for profit and permanently located within the Township, or by an organized Church, patriotic or religious organization, the fee shall be waived upon the completion and filing of the required bond and certificate of liability insurance.
4. The following information is necessary to have available when application is made:
A. Amount of space and a plan of the area where the event will take place.
B. A drawing of the building or structure, if applicable, in which the event will be held.
C. If a tent or canopy will be used: Names and address of owner of tent, canopy or air supported structure
Date the fabric was treated with flame retardant solution
2. Trade name of flame retardant solution
3. Name of person or firm who treated the fabric
4. Name of testing agency and test standard by which fabric was tested.
The above in accordance with ICC 2009 2404.4
5. A certificate of liability insurance and a bond for indemnification, naming Plymouth Township and its elected or appointed officials, employees and authorized volunteers as an additional insured, in the event of any personal injury or property damage arising out of the activities to be licensed, before the license is issued.